Sunday, April 02, 2006

Tomorrow it's back to work, but I had all of this past weekend to explore Munich. Saturday was my first rain-free day in at least a week, so I spent it wandering around the Altstadt. And so did eveybody else. The crowds were really impressive (or maybe I've just spent too much time in U-C?), especially in the Viktualienmarkt (big beer garden.) I have no photos of this to show you, but here's a link I found to a webcam.

Today was 1€ day at some of the museums, so I went to four. I went here, here, here, and here (that last one was my favourite.) I tried to get to this one too, but I was too tired at that point & needed a nap. Life is hard.

Tomorrow I'll be looking at some Upper Paleolithic skulls at the State Collection of Anthropology and Palaeoanatomy. Here's a photo of the building taken from their website:



Hopefully I won't have to be stealing photos from other websites for much longer. A camera is on the way (I'll let you in on all the details soon), but keep your fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong at customs!

5 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi,
Thanks for the beergarden webcam. This will remedy any concerns I have about drinking alone -- I can always pretend I'm hanging out in Munich with my German drinking buddies instead.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

What if one suffers from Multiple Personality Disorder? If a beer falls in the forest, and no one is around to hear it fall, does it still make a noise?

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sad thought. If a beef fell in the forest, the only happy souls would be the animals slurping it up. What's the latest scoop on the new digital camera??? :)xoxo

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

In Canada, beer grows on trees, eh?

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

even if they did, it would just grow back...

(but congrats to Rachel's dad! you'll have much fun visiting him there.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home